Here are 5 easy ways to get your child to WANT to read:
1) Have them come with you to pick out a book of their choice that appeals to them. Watch them as they are drawn to certain books to get an idea of what books they like. By the type of pictures they have to the coloring and so forth.
2) Buy enough books and have them all around their room. Kids should have easy access to books and there should be lots of them.
3) Allow them to see you read on your spare time. You could even have bonding time with them in bed. You read your book, while they read theirs.
4) When you read to them be creative and expressive. No kid likes to listen to someone robotic and expressionless. Get animated and bring some excitement into the book. You could even add their name in, here and there to make it personal.
5) Lastly talk to them about what they are reading. This will have them wanting to talk about it to you and get them thinking and excited about new things they are learning.